Type of Ingredient:
Benefits of Niacinamide:
- Pore Minimizer
- Skin Brightening
- Oily Skin
- Dry Skin
- Normal Skin
- Combination Skin
- Sensitive Skin
What is Niacinamide?
- Niacinamide, also known as vitamin B3 or Nicotinamide, is a unique ingredient that can help your skin look better. It has a lot of different benefits for your skin. It is best known for its ability to help reduce large pores and even out skin tone. It also helps to strengthen a weak skin barrier.
- Niacinamide's antioxidant power means that it can help repair damage caused by UV light while protecting the body from other types of damage from the outside world (including the negative impact of airborne pollutants). Another good thing about Niacinamide is that it helps the skin's surface stay strong against moisture loss and dehydration by boosting its own production of skin-strengthening ceramides. Studies have also shown that Niacinamide can help reduce the depth of wrinkles.
- Niacinamide isn't like many of the "superstar" anti-aging ingredients. It doesn't break down in the presence of heat or light. When it is raw, it is water-soluble and looks like colourless needles or white crystalline powder when it is not yet made into something else.
- Niacinamide has benefits for the skin even at low concentrations, and the Cosmetic Ingredient Review Expert Panel says it's safe to use up to 20% of the amount on your skin.
- Many people thought that Niacinamide didn't work well with other "bio-active" ingredients. In fact, research shows that Niacinamide and other anti-aging ingredients work better together.